The purpose of this policy is to set out how Wine Class Pty Ltd collects, holds, uses, discloses and otherwise deals with personal information under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act).
whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion. Examples of personal information which may be collected and stored may include:
- Names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Passport and visa details;
- Bank and superannuation details;
- Details regarding gender and nationality;
- Emergency contact details;
- Dates of birth and contact details;
- Profile photographs;
- Driver’s licence;
- Qualifications, employment records and information from CVs, resumes or job application forms; or
- Tax file numbers
- We only collect personal information by fair, lawful and non-intrusive means.
- We only use or disclose information for the purpose for which it was collected.
- We take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate and up-to-date.
- We have procedures in place to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss or unauthorised access.
- We provide individual access to personal information held about the individual, and if we cannot provide access, we will give reasonable written reasons for declining the request.
- We will use Commonwealth Government identifiers for the purpose for which they were issued, and we will not adopt our own identifiers of an individual except where it is necessary to carry out our functions effectively.
- Wherever lawful and practical, you will have the option of remaining anonymous when entering into a transaction with us.
- We will only transfer personal information to a recipient in a foreign jurisdiction in circumstances where the information will have an appropriate level of protection.
Wine Class does not collect sensitive information, such as information on the health or criminal record of an individual, unless the individual has consented or it is required by law, or in special circumstances relating to the health and safety of an individual or the public in general.
Collection of Personal Information
Wine Class may collect personal information in various ways, including by way of dealing with you in person, over the telephone, through our website (including when you complete an application on our website, register as a user of our site or submit an enquiry through our website) or in writing. We may also collect personal information relating to third parties.
Use of Personal Information
Wine Class usually collects personal information so that we can:
- Register you as a candidate with Wine Class and enable you to sit exams for courses provided by Wine Class.
- Administer and conduct your exam, including making arrangements for reasonable adjustments and/or special considerations.
- Provide you with post-results services such as enquiries against results and appeals and solicit feedback from you on courses hosted by Wine Class.
- Process your registration for any Wine Class-hosted courses or events so that we can deliver these services to you.
- Send you information regarding the course or event for which you are registered (or which you have registered interest in).
- Process sales of products or services you have purchased from us.
- Verify your identity.
- Send you marketing communications including information about our courses, upcoming events and links to our blogs and newsletters.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Wine Class may disclose your personal information if:
- You consent to the disclosure;
- You would reasonably expect Wine Class to disclose the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was obtained (Secondary Purpose) and the Secondary Purpose is:
- If the information is sensitive information – directly related to the primary purpose for which it was originally obtained; or
- If the information is not sensitive information – related to the primary purpose for which it was originally obtained;
iii. The disclosure of the information is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order;
- A permitted general situation exists (as that term is defined by the Act) in relation to the disclosure of the information; or
- We reasonably believe that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body. If any personal information is disclosed in accordance with this clause, Wine Class will notify you in writing of the disclosure.
Cookies and Statistical Analysis
- Server address;
- Domain name;
- Date and time of visit;
- Previous websites visited; and
- Browser type
Site and Information Security
Although Wine Class has implemented substantial security measures in relation to personal information, we cannot provide any guarantee regarding security of the personal information and other data transmitted to us. Wine Class will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of personal information or other data due to the website being linked to the internet. Wine Class will not be liable in any way for the actions of third-party sites from which you may have linked and been directed to from our website. When we no longer need your personal information in order to provide the services we will destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
Third Party Sites
Our website may contain links to and from the websites of third parties (Third Party Sites). If you follow a link to any of these Third Party Sites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the use of any personal information or other data by third parties.
Transfers of personal information outside Australia
Access to and correction of your personal information
If you wish to verify or correct any of the details you have submitted to us, you may do so by contacting our office. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal personal information.
You have the right to access the information which we hold about you (subject to the privacy of others) and can also ask for corrections to be made to this information.
Questions and Concerns
We will endeavour to look into your question or concern and respond to you as soon as possible.